Justice of the Peace
When: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10.00am - 3.00pm, Wednesday 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Where: Council's Help and Service Centre, Level 4, 31 Victor Street, Chatswood
A JP Service provided by the NSW Justices Association is also available:
- Tuesday mornings 10am-12noon at Northbridge Plaza (level 1 opposite Seed Women & at the Lower Level of Plaza near carpark entrance door)
- Wednesday and Saturday mornings 10am-12noon at Chatswood Library on The Concourse
- Thursday evenings 6pm-8pm at Northbridge Library
Council provides this service for the benefit of our residents and those persons working in and visiting the Willoughby City Council Municipality.
Council Officers who are registered JP's Are available for the following requests only:
- Witness a person making a Statutory Declaration
- Witness a person making an Affidavit
- Certify that a copy of an original document is a true and accurate copy
JP's are NOT available for:
- Company Registration
- Power of Attorney
- Proof of Life
These documents should be taken to a Solicitor, a Notary Public or a third party that has the authority to explain and discuss the document. To find a Public Notary please visit notarylocator.com.au/NSW.
Requests for witnessing Proof of Life forms or any overseas documents: NSW law does not authorise NSW JPs to witness signatures on overseas documents or to perform other tasks under overseas laws, or those required by an organisation or agency from overseas. A Public Notary is able to witness signatures on overseas documents.
You can find a Justice of the Peace outside the times offered by Council, or find more information about Justices of the Peace in NSW, at the NSW Justices Association, or Lawlink.
The Code of Conduct and the Attorney General's Office prohibits the Justice of the Peace from receiving gifts or payments for services. We thank you for your consideration.