Justice of the Peace
When: Monday- Friday 8.30am-4.30pm, with the exception of Wednesday morning
Where: Council's Help and Service Centre, Level 4, 31 Victor Street, Chatswood
Service is also available:
- Tuesday mornings 10am-12noon at Northbridge Plaza (Lower Level of Plaza near carpark entrance door)
- Wednesday and Saturday mornings 10am-12noon at Chatswood Library on The Concourse
- Thursday evenings 6pm-8pm at Northbridge Library
Council provides this service for the benefit of our residents and those persons working in and visiting the Willoughby City Council Municipality.
Council Officers who are registered JP's are available for the following requests only:
- Witnessing of signatures on documents that state that the witness must be a Justice of the Peace.
- Verifying copies of original documents, maximum of ten (10) pages only for any one request each day.
- Swearing of affidavits and the signing of attachments in relation to the affidavit.
- Witnessing Statutory Declarations and the signing of attachments to the Statutory Declaration.
Requests for documents in relation to Company Registration, Mortgages, Guarantees, Wills and Power of Attorney will not be accepted and should be taken to a solicitor or other party that can fully explain and discuss the document.
You can find a Justice of the Peace outside the times offered by Council, or find more information about Justices of the Peace in NSW, at the NSW Justices Association, or Lawlink.
The Code of Conduct and the Attorney General's Office prohibits the Justice of the Peace from receiving gifts or payments for services. We thank you for your consideration.