• Park Butt Park
  • Location Eastern Valley Way, Middle Cove
  • Facilities

    Park benchWater feature

Area East:1,474m², Area West:3,459m²

Named after Francis Walter Butt, local resident activist and Middle Harbour Ward Alderman 1937-41. The land was acquired from John William Waldron in 1950 and contains the upper waterfall and pond of Sugarloaf Creek, which flows into the South Arm of Sugarloaf Bay, Middle Harbour. The park is bisected by Eastern Valley Way. The larger western section of the park can be accessed from Eastern Valley Way or via the stone steps from Fourth Avenue. There are sandstone rock outcrops, the waterfall and pond, grassy areas and a mix of native and exotic vegetation in this section of the park.

A Parkcare group works here on the third Saturday of each month.