• Park Cleland Park
  • Location Hampden & Barton Roads, Artarmon
  • Facilities

    BBQ facilitiesPark benchParkingPicnic tablePlay equipmentToilets 

Area: 7978m²

Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.

Landscape improvements were completed in December 2008. In the play area, the 3 swings have been updated, 2 spinners and a kangaroo spring rocker have been installed and the undersurface has been upgraded. Sandstone flagging from the original pathways has been reused to create smooth flagging inlays in the new realigned pathways, and in the surrounds of the BBQ and seating areas.