• Park Clive Park
  • Location Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge
  • Facilities

    BBQ facilitiesPark benchPicnic tablePlay equipmentToilets

Named after Clive Norman Backhouse, Mayor (1912-13) and Chatswood East Ward Alderman (1911-14). The park occupies part of the first Crown grant in Northbridge in 1837. It later became the Albert Town Estate, a proposed residential subdivision in 1840. The subdivision did not proceed and the land was resumed for park purposes in 1914. After the Government gazetted the park in 1933, it was placed under the management and control of Willoughby Council.

To reach the swings, walk down the path next to the public toilet block at the bus stop at the end of Sailors Bay Road. The swings are set amongst the bushland of the park (total area 57,956m²), next to a beautiful Sydney Red Gum (Angophora costata). There is a double plated BBQ, 4 picnic tables and 2 park benches in a picnic area with water views further along the very steep path. At the swings another path with steps also reaches the picnic area.

A bushcare group meet in the park on the 4th Sunday of each month.