• Park Northbridge Park
  • Location Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge
  • Facilities

    BBQ facilitiesPark benchParkingPicnic tableSports areaToiletsParking

Northbridge was the name given to the suburb built in 1913 on the first peninsula north of the Suspension Bridge (now Cammeray Bridge). The bridge was constructed privately in 1892 to enable landowners to subdivide and sell their land north of the bridge. After a protracted struggle with the NSW Government, Council was successful in getting land reserved for public recreation at Northbridge in 1910. The park was originally known as Long Bay Reserve, and then called Middle Harbour Park from 1910-34. The golf course was designed by the Council Engineer H. D. Robb, and opened in 1935 as a 9 hole course, with a further 9 holes constructed by 1937. Northbridge Golf Club was formed in 1935 and has managed and maintained the course under lease to Council since 1956. A series of dams which collect stormwater runoff, supported by bore and spring water, have recently been constructed to provide enough water to irrigate the whole golf course. A BBQ area was constructed in the park at the end of 2007.

All of Northbridge Park is located over Hawkesbury sandstone, and the bushland areas have high conservation value with some comparatively rare ridgetop vegetation.

bushcare group works in the park on the 2nd Monday of each month.

Further information on Northbridge Park's history is available in the  Northbridge Park Timeline - 1,523 KB.

Further information on Northbridge Park is available in the Northbridge Park Masterplan.