• Park O H Reid Memorial Park
  • Location Reid Drive, Chatswood West
  • Facilities

    BBQ facilitiesHistorical or cultural featureOff-leash dog areaParkingPicnic tablePlay equipmentPublic artSports areaToilets 

Named after Oswald Hector Reid (1899-1947), foundation member of the Willoughby/Ku-Ring-Gai Cricket Association, Willoughby resident and respected football player. The land was acquired from the Loxton Estate in 1933 for public recreation and was formerly known as part of Fuller Park.

The upgraded park provides a diversity of physical, explorative, interactive and imaginative play opportunities. The new equipment includes a climbing net, swings, living cubby, balance beams, movement activated sound and a sandpit with a diprotodon dig. There are public toilets at the adjacent sportsground which is an unleashed dog exercise area.

A plaque was unveiled in the park in 2006. It commemorates Garry Crossley (1954-2004), “A local man of principle and community spirit” who helped to ensure OH Reid Memorial Oval was retained as community open space. The sculpture of Garry Crossley’s dog, who was always walking with him, is by Jamie Sargeant.

An owl has been etched into a rock (2011) in memory of prominent local resident Dr Stella Cornelius, who regularly walked in the park, with a plaque stating "Wise Owls dream of Peace, Wise Owls make it happen".

A Bushcare group meets in the reserve on the 4th Sunday of each month.