• Park Thomson Park
  • Location Reserve Rd, Artarmon
  • Facilities

    Park benchPicnic tablePlay equipmentSports areaToilets

Area: 15,666m² (1.5666 ha)

Thomson park is named after the Hon. Dugald Thomson (1848 -1922), the first Federal Member for North Sydney (1901-1910). He was a Free Trader and supported the railway line being extended from St Leonards to Milsons Point. The land was originally part of William Gore’s land grant of 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The land was acquired by the Council in 1925. The sportsground and children’s playground were developed in 1928.